Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) and Metro Transit are partnering to offer Go-To Cards to eligible MPS high school students. Transportation eligible high school students who attend Roosevelt, Washburn, Henry, Wellstone, Edison, North and Expanded Options program may ride city buses and/or light rail to be transported to and from school; the program will replace yellow buses provided by MPS to high school students.
Metro Transit Go-To Cards will be phased in over two-years, beginning in the fall of 2012:
· Phase one of the two-year program launches in the fall of 2012 and students in grades 9 -12 with eligible students from the following high schools: Roosevelt, Washburn, Henry, Wellstone, Edison, North and Expanded Options program students.
· Students who receive special education services will continue to receive individualized transportation if needed.
· All eligible high school students will receive Metro Transit Go-To Cards.
The Main Reasons for Spreading the Implementation over 2 Years:
· Since the Go-To Cards are a real asset to students, the advantage of receiving cards first went to those schools which wish to win back the students who have left and which have space to receive more students.
· The budget is in place for half of the program in year one and the remaining funds will be identified in the 2013-2014 budget for phase 2.
4029 28th Ave. South Minneapolis, MN 55406
Telephone: 612.668.4800 | Fax: 612.668.4810
Send any questions and comments to Roosevelt Web